Skinny jean season is almost here! There’s no better way to get your legs and booty ready for than to start doing some squats.
Working out your legs is the best way to burn serious fat cells because it’s the largest part of our body. Have you ever noticed that you sweat so much more when you’re doing lower body workouts? That’s because our lower body muscles are so much larger, meaning it takes more effort to complete the exercises.
Here’s the Challenge
We will be doing 100 squats a day for 30 days. You can do any variation of a squat you like!
Here is a list of different squat variations you can try throughout the 30 day challenge. It’s a good idea to mix it up so that you’re working different types of muscles throughout the challenge!
- Basic Squat
- Narrow Squat
- Plie Squat
- Releve Squat Pulse
- Figure 4 Squat
- Single Legged Squat
- Split Squat
- Single Releve Plie Squat
- Goblet squat
- Double Releve Plie Squat
- Lateral Squat
- Bulgarian Squat
- Chair Squats
- Jump Squats
- Pretzels Squat
- In n Out Squats
- Curtsy Squat
- Basic Squat Pulses
- Narrow Squat Pulses
- Plie Squat Pulses
- Squat Step Backs
- Split Squat Pulse
- Single Legged Chair Squats
- Push Peddler Squat
- Galloping Wall Squat
- Side Tap Squat
- Staggered Squat
- Squat Lunges
- Kick Back Squat
- Knee Get Up Squat
Don’t forget, you can always add some weights to increase the work and see greater results! You can check out my favorite squatting must haves here!
To follow along with the challenge and gain some extra accountability, join my free Facebook group Wellness and Weight Loss! Everyday I will make an accountability post where you can check in for amazing prizes. Don’t forget to invite your friends to join you on this 30 day challenge to better legs and buns!
How to get Started and Track your Progress
Be sure to take your measurements around your hips and butt. You might want to have someone help you take these measurements so that they’re accurate and easy to replicate at the end of the challenge.
Take a side profile before pictures and back before photo. Sometimes the scale doesn’t move, but taking before and after photos is a great way to see your progress any time you’re doing a fitness challenge or new workout routine! Be sure to post your before photos in the Facebook group and on Instagram. Tag me @brittineylandis with the #wellnessandweightloss and #100squatswithbritt for a chance to be featured on my page!
Tips for Getting your Squats done Everyday
100 squats a day for 30 days can be tough (that’s why I call it a challenge), but I promise you will see some awesome results. Here are some of my favorite tips for making sure I complete each day of the challenge:
- Start the day off right. I try to do a few squats first thing in the morning. I usually have the most energy in the morning so I like to do at least 20 or more squats right off the bat!
- Do squats during commercials or other mundane tasks throughout the day. Once you start paying attention, you’ll be shocked at how many small windows of time we have in each day that we don’t take advantage of. If you’re waiting for the microwave to finish warming up your lunch, orfolding laundry, or if someone puts you on hold, these are all great times to squeeze in a few extra squats.
- Give yourself a reward (just not with food). I tell myself I can’t watch my favorite show or check my Instagram account in the evening unless I’ve finished my squats for the day.
- Don’t make excuses. 100 squats a day is a challenge, but it’s totally doable. If you truly want to see a difference, there’s no room for excuses.
Squats are a great way to work on the booty, but be sure to eat whole foods and drink a lot of water if you want to see maximum results.
If you want to see bigger and better results following this 30 day challenge, be sure to check out my next round of the FASTer Way to Fat Loss. The FASTer Way to Fat Loss is a six week program designed to help you lose stubborn body fat and keep it off. That’s right… it’s a program that’s actually sustainable in the long run. If you love a great challenge and you’re ready to make a change, join me for my next round.