Sole water (pronounced solay) is when you add natural salt to your filtered water and it becomes completely saturated. Believe it or not, salt is not the enemy we’ve made it out to be. In fact, natural salts can have amazing health benefits, and drinking sole water is one way to reap those benefits.
The Benefits of Sole Water and How to Make It
After having my third baby, I was in serious adrenal fatigue. I knew I needed to make some changes in my life, and I had heard about some of the benefits of drinking sole water. I’ve already seen the benefits of drinking a gallon of water each day, so I figured taking things one tiny step further wouldn’t hurt. I decided to try adding sole water to my daily routine and I absolutely love the benefits I’ve seen from making this tiny change.
Here are some of the benefits of drinking sole water:
- Helps with Hydration – Drinking sole water first thing in the morning is a great way to get your body up and running. Your body uses a lot of water to repair itself during sleep, so rehydrating with sole water is an excellent way to start the day.
- Helps with Detox– We take in so many toxins during the day. The minerals in natural salts help detoxify your body.
- Boosts Energy – Who doesn’t wish they had more energy? Drinking sole water can help boost your energy throughout the day.
- Improves Digestion– If you have trouble “going”, sole water will help stimulate your bowels and keep you regular.
- Helps with Muscle Aches– If you’re working out to help with your weight loss, sole is a wonderful way to prevent muscle aches.
- Healthy Veins– If you’re someone that suffers from varicose veins, try drinking sole water to reduce the look of varicose veins or avoid them altogether.
- Fat Loss – Sole water helps your digestive system on a cellular level. Adding sole to the Faster Way lifestyle will turn you into a fat loss machine.
- Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nails – The minerals in natural salts also help those luscious locks and beautiful strong nails.
While table salt is terrible for you, the 84 minerals in natural salt have amazing health benefits. Sole water is an extremely inexpensive way to boost your health.
My Favorite Natural Salts
How to Make Sole Water
Plastic Lid (make sure you don’t use the metal lid that comes with the mason jar)
1-2 Cups of Natural Salt (see my favorite salts above)
- Fill the jar about 1/4 of the way with Himalayan Salt, Real Salt or Celtic Salt (or a mixture of the three).
- Add filtered water to fill the jar, leaving about an inch at the top.
- Put on the plastic lid and shake the jar gently.
- Leave on the counter overnight to let the salt dissolve.
- The next day, if there is still some salt on the bottom of the jar, the water has absorbed its maximum amount of salt and the Sole is ready to use.
- If all of the salt is absorbed, add more salt and continue doing so each day until some remains. This means that the water is fully saturated with the salt (which is what we’re aiming for)!
Be sure to ease into the sole, and only use ½- tsp – 1 tsp at first. To use: Mix 1 tsp of the sole in to a glass of water and consume every morning on an empty stomach. Do not use a metal utensil to measure or touch the sole with any metal object.
I hope this simple tip can help you see some major health benefits in your life. I’ve been shocked by how much sole water has increased my energy, helped with fat loss, and helped keep my body regular. If you’re looking for other easy ways to make big health changes in your life, don’t forget to join my free Facebook group, Wellness and Weight Loss.
Ready for a bigger change? Join me for the next round of The FASTer Way to Fat Loss. Learn how cutting edge strategies like intermittent fasting and carb cycling can help you lose weight and completely change your life. You can learn more and register for the next round here!
If you try sole water, let me know what you think in the comments and share this post with a friend!