Do you struggle with getting in your workouts everyday? There is one way you can get healthy and keep fat off and that is by simply MOVING! By making a goal of 10,000 steps a day, you can help your body continue to burn fat even if you aren’t hitting the gym. If you haven’t yet jumped on the FitBit band bagon honestly you need too!
Getting in 10K steps a day has incredible health benefits and focusing on your NEAT (non-exercise activity) has a better chance of keeping your fat off than killing yourself in a 30 minute workout daily.
Benefits of 10,000 Steps a Day
What are some of the health benefits for 10K steps a day?
- Improves Sleep
- Reduces fatigue
- Improves sex drive
- Decreases Hypertension (lowers your risk of a heart attack)
- Lowers stress levels
- Aids in weight loss
- Keep Fat Off for good
Simple Tips for Getting in 10,000 Steps a Day
- Take the stairs
- Park at the back of the parking lot
- Take the long way to the bathroom at the office
- Set an alarm and go for a 3-5 minute walk every few hours (this is great for those who work at a desk job)
- Take a 10 minute walk after meals
- Walk the dog
- Do the chores (cleaning, mowing, vacuuming, etc., are great ways to get in extra steps)
- Walk around the house during commercials
How to Track
There are so many ways to track your steps these days. My favorite is the FitBit, but you can also simply use this app, or get a good old fashioned pedometer. The FitBit is the most accurate and also tracks many other areas of your health including sleep and calories burned.
By logging your macros and getting in 10K steps a day, you can achieve a lot of your health and fitness goals. Walking 10,000 steps a day can burn around 500 calories! Mix that with macro counting and making sure your body is getting the nutrients it needs, and you’ll be on your way to weight loss success without killing yourself in the gym. If you are new to exercise or it has been a while since you worked out getting in 10K steps is the perfect way to get started on your health and fitness lifestyle!
If you’re interested in learning more about macro counting, NEAT exercise, and getting your body into fat burning mode, there are three ways you can join me.
- Join my free Facebook group for monthly challenges, weight loss tips, recipes, and more.
- Follow me on Instagram for weight loss tips, meal plans, and client success stories.
- Join the next round of the FASTer Way to Fat Loss and receive individualized macros calculations, one on one coaching and support, and home and/or gym workout plan, and more. BONUS: Former clients are eligible for VIP after one round of the FASTer Way to Fat Loss.
Losing weight and burning fat doesn’t have to be extreme. Sometimes all it takes is switching up your nutrition and doing something as simple as walking.